Friday, October 14, 2011

Week Six

I love homeschool! It's not boring because we do a lot of trips and projects. Even History is interesting. It's really just a long story. Reading Comprehension is fun, too, because we always stop at a cliff hanger which makes me feel like I can't wait for next week. I also like that I don't have homework. Well, sometimes we have to finish the stuff we didn't finish in the day.

This past week we made clay houses in History. They were models of the houses in the first cities. My house was from Catalhoyuk in Turkey. Catalhoyuk is important because it was one of the first cities ever to have a population over 10,000. Sarah and Sophie made round houses from an early city on the Yellow River in China. Sarah had a problem making the roof of her house because she made her house extra large. She couldn't make the roof work, and she couldn't make it strong enough to stand up. That's exactly what happened in China! A square house is easier to make larger and stronger. That's why early humans stopped making round houses and moved to square or rectangle
houses. I made a square house. Catalhoyuk houses had their doors in the roof so it was safer [harder for invaders to get into the houses]. Also, you had more room to build houses because you didn't need to worry about walkways. You could just build right up next to the other house. And, you had a second floor which was the roof, and you didn't have to use any wood or mud to make it! You just walked and cooked and slept on the roof if you wanted to.
This week we also made four different food webs in Science. And for Life Skills Math, we actually went to the grocery store to add up our weekly grocery bills that we had made. My grocery bill is $201.59 a week. I'm expensive.
I want someone in China to read this blog, so please email it to your friends in China if you have any. I love China. The people are so cool. The Chinese will rule the world because they are the hardest workers [Note: the opinions of the blogger are his and have not, in any way, been inculcated, indoctrinated, nor instilled by the instructors of Pownal Independent School.] Anyways, China is awesome! Don't forget I said that when you rule the world. Please leave all of your comments below. I will be blogging here again in four weeks. Just to clarify, the comments don't need to be nice.
I can't wait for homeschool next week.
By: Able H. K. (nine year old student)

2 comments:

  1. Able, i love this blog entry. what an exciting time you seem to be having. reading about turkey made me remember visiting the country with mommy - we loved it. maybe we can go there one day. keep up the great work and good luck with that grocery bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Able, Honeybadger doesn't give a shit about China!

    ReplyDelete