Friday, February 3, 2012

Week 21

Hello to all you Blog readers!  To reintroduce myself I’m Sarah.  I’m hoping you all remember me anyway.  Finally this is the last week before February break!  All of us are very excited but also heartbroken to stop school.  Now let’s talk about what we did this week.
This week we finished Little Prince written by Antoine de St Exupery. “ It’s a very beautiful book,” as our old librarian would say.  As you can tell, he’s French.  We also had another paper of Cornelia translation.  If you remember the last blog our teacher gave you an example of one of the translations.  I also won the lottery!  Okay, not literally but I did win the lottery in Life skills math.  In winning the lottery I had to calculate a tax percentage on $10,000.  I lost about $2,400 of the $10,000.  We also continued our truth tables in Logic.  A truth table is how you see if the argument you have is true or false, even if it sounds true when you read it.  We also learned a little bit about the Minoan Empire on Crete, ruled by king Minos.  In doing this we all agreed to learn about the Greeks next and we had to stitch Crete and the Black Sea on our maps.  In science we learned about freshwater fish, and we finished our frog sandwich.  (“I’m very, very, very, tasty.”)  In grammar we learned how to diagram adverbial and adjectival prepositional phrases. Bet you don’t know what that means!  Well I’ll tell you.  It’s actually quite simple.  If you know about a prepositional phrase then you’re ahead of the game.  If you don’t it simply means asking the question “Where’s Johnny?”  Try to find the prepositional phrase in this sentence.  I was out walking in the great green pasture on a sunny afternoon.  The “where’s Johnny?” is ‘in the great green pasture’.  Now we have to find out what this prepositional phrase is describing.   In the great green pasture is describing where you were walking so it makes it an adverbial prepositional phrase.  Cool huh?  We also went to court.  Not a real court but a mock court to help us remember our spelling words which are based on crime and punishment.  My case was that I was arrested for breaking and entering, attempted armed robbery, and attempted man slaughter.  Poor, poor, me.  In Reading Comp we started on Homer’s Odyssey, the next story after the Iliad.   We went to the Telling room on Wednesday and I’m writing this blog from Co-op.  And tomorrow is our internship day and I have come to tell you that I’ve changed from an equestrian barn to taking photography from one of my mom’s great friends at Graphetria.  That’s all we did and I hoped you liked my blog.  Maybe you’ll end up in better condition than me right now.  I’m stuck in fake jail.  See you next week!

Written by Sarah Cyr.  (Student)

No comments:

Post a Comment