Friday, March 2, 2012

Week 23

Hi, this is Able. This week in Life of Fred, I passed the Final Bridge in the Fractions book, and now I am on the Decimals book. In Latin we did our flash cards and the 4th Cornelia translation. I think the farmer in Cornelia is guilty in helping the cousin kill Cornelia's father. There is a person under the barn floor in the story, but we don't know who it is yet. I think it is Cornelia's cousin. In Ethics we learned about a guy named Socrates. He was really annoying, but he was a really good teacher. He only taught by asking questions. Our teacher used his way of teaching to teach us binary arithmetic.

We got to make our objects in Mycenaean style in History. Sarah made a chariot; Sophie made a fork; I made a dagger. The Mycenaeans took over Crete from the Minoans. We also stitched Ancient Greece in our maps. I haven't finished all of the tiny islands in Greece yet. We also learned the life cycle of salmon in Science. We drew it in our lab books and sang the salmon life cycle song.

Today we had our spelling test on cooking words. Our new words and derivatives are on education. We read the Odyssey and we got to the chapters on Princess Nauticca. In Grammar we learned how to diagram compound sentences. We also did writing at the Telling Room in Portland. Our Co-op was cancelled because of the snow. Mommy is panicking about our Odyssey of the Mind team getting all our work done by competition. I spent all day Thursday working on my O.M. hat and costume and balsa structure. I have my internship on Friday. I love my internship. I cannot wait for next week. Mommy told me to say that. We only have 13 more weeks of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment